CrossPress is the wordpress-plugin which automatically, cross-posting to associated site/blog to enabling the post-via-email option with PIN code e.g. multiply.com, livejournal.com, blogspot.com, wordpress-base site and much more.
- Immediately, crossposting to target sites when publishing a new post.
- Multiple sites support.
- Append signature for each post.
- Support content-type:text/html
- Unicode support (UTF8)
- Post only summary text.
- CrossPress v0.3 – crosspress.0.3.zip
- CrossPress v0.2 – crosspress.0.2.zip
- CrossPress v0.1 – crosspress.0.1.zip
What is PIN code
There are lots of website or blog support the posting via email. If the service is over there, the PIN code will be provided. You can use the PIN code as an email address. When you send a post content to, then the website or blog will publish the post as soon as it got you email. The following item are the sample of PIN code.
- www.multiply.com -> PIN@yoursite.multiply.com
- www.livejournal.com -> yoursite+PIN@post.livejournal.com
- www.blogger.com -> yoursite.PIN@blogger.com
1. Unzip “crosspress” archive and put all files into your “plugins” folder (/wp-content/plugins/) or to create a sub directory into the plugins folder (recommanded), like www.yoursite.com/wp-content/plugins/crosspress/
2. Activate the plugin
3. Inside the WordPress admin, go to Settings > CrossPress, enter the secret PIN(s) and signature, the save them.
4. Now CrossPress will automatically publish a post content across the associated site each time you have a new post in wordpress.
Initially, there are two options must be edited before CrossPress is funtional.
- Secret PIN:
Site PIN code (email) that is enable you to cross-post to your associated site/blog via email. Each entry separated by new line.
- Signature : (optional)
You can put a signature here as desire. The text URL will be converted to click-able URL automatically.
- Version 0.3 – 15-09-2008
– Verify the package works against wordpress v2.8.x
- Version 0.2 – 17-10-2008
– Post only summary text.
– Fixed some option value cannot be committed to database.
– Don’t crosspost twice in case of edit the posted page.
- Version 0.1 – 14-12-2008